What you'll need to start making melt and pour:
- One or more types of the soap base of your choice.
- A flexible mold (silicon is preferred over plastic).
- Either a microwave proof container or a double boiler.
- A large kitchen knife.
- A spoon or other stirring implement.
- A spray bottle of alcohol (90+% is preferred, 70% will do in a pinch).
- Optional: liquid color, mica, a colorblock system, or a substance like activated charcoal or turmeric for color.
- Optional: skin safe and soap safe scent oil (fragrance oil or essential oil).
- Optional: other soap safe additives like skin safe glitter or dried calendula petals.
- Optional: small mixing containers for premixing additives like mica and activated charcoal.
- Optional: pairing knife.
- Optional: measuring cups, measuring spoon, and/or kitchen scales.
- Optional: soap cutter.
- Optional: pipettes or syringes.
- Optional: gloves.
- Optional: infrared thermometer.
- Optional: packaging materials.
Once you have all your supplies, I suggest you start by reading Melt and pour how-to.